Re: How do I get rsh & rlogin to work with pam?

With Thanks to Michael K. the problem is now resolved.

First, my appologies for not finding the /usr/doc/pam*
information, somehow or other the directory on one maching
got munged, and it never occured to me to check the other
machine for such files. Pass the dunce hat...

Now for the solution: put a return at the end of the line in
.rhosts! Works like a champ with one of those, doesn't work
at all (pam-rhosts-auth evidently doesn't consider eof to
imply \n) without one. I haven't a clue whether or not this
constitutes a bug, or simply rational behavior, or what, but
it sure managed to confuse me.

My thanks to the list, and this is going into the notebook
(along with some intermediate steps)

Thompson Freeman
tfreeman@vnet.net
Student of Chemistry and other Philisophical Studies