how do I chroot for users.

I would like to chroot users to their home directories.  I
looked at chroot and I understand how to use it, but I'm
wondering what is the best way to force chroot on regular
users, and keep them in that environment.  A script or altered
shell would be great.

Does chroot have to be suid?  I noticed regular users are unable
to chroot.

I noticed that pam have a module under development to do chroot.
Is there any news on this?

Thanks
-jeremy