Re: permission problems (PAM?) with NC client users (fwd)

Robert Grunloh writes:
>Thanks Michael; but didn't help.  In fact, by playing around with what the
>docs called the "promiscuous module" I was able to get it to where anyone
>except root could login from any other box with no password given (and the
>accounts did have passwords assigned), and still this Aranex box wouldn't
>talk. So maybe it wasn't security after all.  So much to learn, so little
>time ... ;-)

I'd suggest that you turn on debuggging messages and then read
/var/adm/messages to see if any useful error messages are being
logged.  You could also sniff the network with tcpdump to see
what the box is trying to do...

Good luck!

michaelkjohnson

                        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0201308215