New PAM modules

We at Stanford have developed a set of PAM modules that might be of
interest to the list.  These PAM modules support and implement
the Exponential Password Suite (EPS), which is a password file format
that offers improved resistance to cracking and strong, transparent
password-based network security through the Secure Remote Password
(SRP) package.

For more information, see <http://srp.stanford.edu/srp/>.  The Web
site also has downloadable source code and binary distribution.
Linux-PAM and Solaris-PAM binaries are available.  Our hope is that
this new format eventually supercedes the traditional crypt(3) based
/etc/passwd format.

All comments and suggestions are invited.
--
Tom Wu                        * finger -l tjw@xenon.stanford.edu for PGP key *
 E-mail: tjw@cs.Stanford.EDU          "The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT,