Re: pop for pam

> I am looking for a pop server that understands pam so that I can
> using a radius server for authentication.  I can't seem to find one.
> The one that ships with redhat 5.0 doesn't seem to work for this purpose.

there are patches floating around for qpopper but the popper that
ships with RH does handle PAM. you'll need only to have the
user on your /etc/{passwd,shadow} (with "*" as password or
something like that -- some prefer "!!") and switch from pwdb
to pam_auth_radius or pam_lradius on the /etc/pam.d/ conf file
(I don't remember the exact name, try rpm -ql imap)

!3runo