Re: Account locking/unlocking

At the same time you can do account locking by creating a user.permits
file which is how I have done some things.

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_listfile.so \
                onerr=fail item=user sense=allow file=/etc/user.permit
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_krb5.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok use_first_pass

A user needs to be in the user.permit file, or they are not allowed in.
You can reverse this feature around and have a user.deny file if you want
also.

-Matt Drown     -- Privacy, Anonyminity, & Security -- DataHaven Project
 panzer@dhp.com -- Shell and Web accounts           -- http://www.dhp.com/