Re: Account locking/unlocking

Hi

> > Is there any intention to incorporate account (password)
> > locking/unlocking in passwd?

> Congratulations. Youre the 3rd person to ask for this feature.

third? I've seen this question pop up here more than periodically!! ;>

the fellows from this list post various sugestions, but I have
another approach that I just thought:

add that users to a special group (suggestion: locked)
and deny access for that group on your system services
(I think there is a pam_group module, need to check)

then usermod can change the users in and out of "locked"

what do you think, ppl?

!3runo