Re: pop for pam

I have seen countless postings refering to patches for qpopper, but try as I might I have only been able to find patches for 2.4. Does anyone have pam patches for qpopper 2.53. To further complicate matters I am trying to get qpopper with pam to use pam_smb_auth on a solaris 2.6 machine. I've gotten the qpop w/ 2.4 to compile and run but it doesn't see to be using pam. here is my pam.conf on the solaris machine:
#ident  "@(#)pam.conf 1.19     95/11/30 SMI"
#
# PAM configuration
#
# Authentication management
#
login   auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
login   auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_dial_auth.so.1
#
rlogin auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rlogin  auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
#
dtlogin auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
#
rsh     auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
other   auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so
#other  auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
#
# Account management
#
login   account required     /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
dtlogin account required     /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
#
other   account required     /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
#
# Session management
#
other   session required     /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
#
# Password management
#
other   password required    /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
#pop3
pop3    auth required        /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
pop3    auth required      /usr/lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks,

-jdh
 |   ||  |||  ||           r  a  z  o  r  f  i  s  h  , new york

jinnah dylan hosein
       [ systems administrator ]