Re: Reentrant??

On Fri, Jun 05, 1998 at 01:32:07PM -0400, Wayne Cuddy wrote:
> Is the pam library setup to be reentrant?  Can I call pam_start multiple times
> and get different pam handles to work with?  I have a threaded server that
> will want to authenticate different users in each thread.

PAM library is designed to be reentrant.
The only remained problem is openlog/syslog/closelog calls from the library.
Libc doesn't provide a reenterable interface for the calls.

However, many modules seem to be not reenterable.
The most important module pam_pwdb can't be used in
a threaded environment too :-(
But it's rather a libpwdb problem.