Re: PAM setting arb parameters

Graham Leggett writes:
> Please excuse what may be a dumb question. Is it possible to configure a
> PAM module to, in addition to authentication, set other info such as
> group membership, IP address, etc?
>
> If not, would it make sense to modify the PAM interface to support this?

Bear in mind that libpam is not supposed to make assumptions about the
privileges of its invoking user.  Perhaps you might like to elaborate
on what you want to do?

Modules can do these sorts of things, but in general this ties
together applications and modules in a non-pluggable way.  This is not
always a bad thing.

Perhaps you could say where you want to go with "modifications" of
this sort and we can help you get there?

Cheers

Andrew