Re: PAM setting arb parameters

>  The extentions I am talking about would involve passing supporting info
>  from LDAP through to PPP, like IP address, firewall rules, unix group
>  membership, anything.

This beyond the scope of PAM, and it should be. PAM is after all "Pluggable
Authentication Modules", and while that's information which is dependant on who
authenticates, it's not authentication information.

Given that you already need to code your patches to understand this infromation
(since it's not just generic PAM information) I have 2 suggestions:
a) use pam_putenv foo to set environment variables, and pam_getenv to read them
back out in the app, if you *must* do it through pam .
b) since you *already* have to tinker with the app, just do it in the app, and
leave pam out of it.

-D