Re: PAM setting arb parameters

>  I was not clear enough. I meant that PAM allows for no data passing at
>  all.

The pam_getenv/getenvlist/putenv allows a module to export data, even if
that's not the optimal way to do it.

>  >   User credentials (home directory, UID, GID, etc.) are set via
>  > /etc/nsswitch.conf, and the various nss libraries, including
>  > nss_ldap.
>
>  Is nss the cross the board standard for this?

Solaris and Linux do it, but I don't know if modules are at least source
code compatible.I *think* I heard that HP-UX 10 does it, but we don't have
that here, so I can't confirm (or deny). Irix probably doesn't; DUx uses
sia so probably doesn't bother with nss (and doesn't bother with PAM,
either)

-D