pam_filter

Hi,

darius@wantree.com.au writes:
> Just playing with pam_filter - I'm working on a pam_filter version
> of ttysnoop - and I've run into a stumbling block.  Using the 0.64

Thanks for looking at this!

> pam tarball, it seems that if I set pam_filter in the 'session'
> portion of the login service, I get the following:

Does it happen if you put it in the credential setting code?

> /bin/login, which spawns pam_filter, and _another_ /bin/login, under which
> all other things sit.  upperLOWER (and ttysnoop) work fine, but 60 seconds
> into the connection, I get 'Login timed out after 60 seconds', and sigHUPs
> all round.  It looks as though this is coming from the first login process.

So far as I remember [I have not looked at the code] pam_filter
fork()s twice.  One of the children exec()s the filter and the other
child becomes the "application". The parent then becomes the monitor
for the two children.  I think the problem is that the parent is still
under the influence of an alarm in the login application.  You might
want to experiment with alarm(0) somewhere in the pam_filter code
after both fork()s have occurred.  Send me patches if it fixes things!

> Am I missing something simple here, or is pam_filter broken?

I've not actually tried it in a long time.  It was mostly intended as
a toy module.  I'd be very happy to see it working though!

Cheers

Andrew