Re: Wheel module with trust doesn't work (?)

Sorry to have not put enough info.  Here's my original mail:
When I put this line at the top of the 'su' PAM configuration:
	auth       sufficient  /lib/security/pam_wheel.so trust

I (in group wheel, gid=0) am prompted for a password when using su.

When I change it to this line:

	auth    sufficient  /lib/security/pam_wheel.so trust bug-workaround

(or any invalid keyword in place of bug-workaround), it works correctly (i.e.,
it doesn't prompt me for a password).  I think the non-"trust" case fails in a
similar way.

Andrew required my /etc/pam.d/su file.  Hope it's sufficient 		:-)

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_wheel.so trust bug-workaround
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow use_authtok nullok
session    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

As I have recently rediscovered, it's hard for me to find my own boneheaded
errors, so please feel free to point them out to me.

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@bell-labs.com