Re: External authentication, no entry in /etc/passwd: possible?

Shawn Barnhart writes:
>I can do RADIUS authentication against an NDS tree that
>validates as OK, but without an /etc/passwd entry I'm unable to login,
>this makes sense, but..
>
>Is there any way around this?

You would need a libc NSS module to support your RADIUS authentication.

You could also do a session module that cached the information somewhere
and an NSS module that looked in that cache.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/