Re: External authentication, no entry in /etc/passwd: possible?

You might experiment with making an auth module that maps names like
this to "guest".  This should probably be coded in the setcred
component of an 'auth' module.

This functionality was intended to work but to my knowledge no one has
experimented with it.  You may encounter problems with application
support for this as well.  I would recommend you see how far you can
get with this sort of approach and report on your findings...

Thanks

Andrew