rshd -l -h

I think I was not clear in my previous message b/c I got a great
number of replies explaining that rsh is not the same program as
rlogin.

So here is a new version:

I found out that the -l -h and -L options do not work for rshd.  The
man page does not say anything about this.  But then I read in the
*rlogind* man page that

     The -h, -l, and -L flags are not used if PAM (Pluggable Authentication
     Module) support is in use. In this case the same effects can be achieved
     by editing /etc/pam.conf.

So I figured this must be the case with rlogind, and probably with
rshd.

So I read (a good part of) the pam.txt in the pam doc dir, but I just
could not find out what is the equivalent of the -h option.

More precisely, how do I configure pam for rsh to ignore all users .rhosts
files *except* the superuser's?  (If rshd  would accept it options,
this would be in.rshd -lh).
Perhaps use the no_rhosts argument to pam_rhosts_auth.so, so have

   auth       required     /lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so  no_rhosts

as the first line in /etc/pam.d/rsh?  But does not this make rshd
ignore /root/.rhosts as well?

But on some boxes, I want even /root/.rhosts be ignored---how do I do
that?

I also would like to know:

How do I tell pam to examine entered passwords when yppasswd is
used?  What I mean is that when a user uses passwd, and the new password is
not acceptable (used previously, is an English word, etc), then passwd
(through pam/cracklib I think) complains, and prompts for a
correction.  How can I configure yppasswd to do the same?
Can I just make the link in /etc/pam.d:

    ln -s passwd yppasswd

Any help appreciated.  Is this the right list to ask these questions?

Mate
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis