Re: Linux-PAM and syslog (POSIX) (fwd)

Cristian Gafton writes:
> >    pam_system_log(const char *ident, int option, int facility,
> > 		  int priority, const char *format, ...);
>
> I'll try to give it a shot for the Linux-PAM.

Since I now realize that libpam currently logs to syslog, I'm of the
opinion that we should implement this function in libpam itself.
Indeed, until libc can provide a thread safe alternative, it should be
easy to modify the existing _pam_log_error() function in
libpam/pam_misc.c to effectively provide this (thread unsafe)
functionality. [Perhaps someone that knows about threads can look at
making the resulting function more thread-tolerant?]

Is anyone going to take the responsibility of trying to encourage
glibc to take another look at making a thread safe syslog() API?

Cheers

Andrew