Re: lggin: prompt in pam_pwdb.o

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam_modules-2.html#pam-get-user

This is how pam modules are recommended to obtain a username.  The
default is ugly -- to encourage app developers to set PAM_USER_PROMPT.
Note, in most cases the app already knows what the username is as it is
provided in the pam_start() call.  Also note, that Red Hat took
exception to the ``Please enter username: '', and replaced it in the
library with ``login: ''.

If you want to override this, you should make an auth module that
returns PAM_IGNORE for both auth and setcred functions that overrides
the PAM_USER_PROMPT with what you want.

Cheers

Andrew