Re: pam_session bug?

Hi,

On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 06:14:18PM +0200, Grzegorz Stanislawski wrote:
> Hi.
>  I've noticed that in login program pam_sm_open_session is executed with
> uid and euid of root (0) and pam_sm_close_session with uid and euid of
> PAM_USER.
>  Is this ok?

You describe the behavior of login program from util-linux package,
don't you?

I consider the problem of which functions should be called with which uid
as an important problem. Currently this aspect of PAM is completely unspecified
and I suspect that different applications implement the different
point of views on the subject.

I'd be glad to discuss and later to formalize this aspect of PAM API.
Does somebody interesting in the topic?

Regards
		Andrey