Re: pam_session bug?

On Tue, May 05, 1998 at 11:31:49AM +0200, Grzegorz Stanislawski wrote:
> On Tue, 5 May 1998, Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich wrote:
> > You describe the behavior of login program from util-linux package,
> > don't you?
> Yes.
> >
> > I consider the problem of which functions should be called with which uid
> > as an important problem. Currently this aspect of PAM is completely unspecified
>
> Yes, it's not good if program can't remove is't own lockfile.

I agree.

Have you ever tried to use login utility from SimplePAMApps package:
    ftp://ftp.ras.ru/pub/Linux/libs/pamapps/SimplePAMApps-0.57.tar.gz
    ftp://linux.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/pre/SimplePAMApps-0.57.tar.gz

It should be able to remove the lockfile :-)

The main goal of SimplePAMApps package is to show the advantages of PAM.
So I think it's more easy to get a support for login
from SimplePAMApps package then from util-linux.

If you reported a bug in SimplePAMApps I'd fix it soon.

Regards
		Andrey