Re: PAM, nsswitch.conf, and tiny passwd files

Hello,

> >   Does anyone know of documentation for implementing new nsswitch
> > modules?  I was wondering if it would be possible/desirable to have a
> > '/usr/lib/libnss_pam.so' module.
>
> There's some in the GNU libc docs, or grab one of the existing source
> code nss modules that are out there, and work it out from that - we found
> a LDAP one, and another one that used DCE - the latter was the simpler
> to understand.

Where did you find the DCE one ?

For GNU libc, there are 2 interfaces in the moment, one for glibc 2.0,
and a new one for glibc 2.1, which will fix some problems with errno
and threads. They are not compatible with the Solaris version.

The best is, to look at the libc/nis/nss_nis Modules for the interface.
They should be easy to understand, they will not be generated with cpp.

If you have questions to the interface, ask me. I have written the
NIS and NIS+ modules.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk  kukuk@vt.uni-paderborn.de