Re: PAM under Solaris *2.5.1*

>  Hi all,
>
>  Is it possible to get PAM working under Solaris v2.5.1? The PAM people
>  at SUN suggested upgrading to v2.6 with built in PAM support, but that
>  is not an option right now.
>
>  Does anyone have a HOWTO on getting PAM onto a Solaris v2.5.1 box?

The Linux-PAM stuff will just build if you use Solaris cc and that defs file,
or if you use a gcc defs file (I attached one to this message)

I tried it on 2.5.1 boxes here when i ported. Worked for me.
-D
##
#  Solaris defs contributed by Josh Wilmes <josh@makita.jpl.nasa.gov>
##
# this file indicates the compiler and the various hardware/OS dependent
# flags for installation. It also defines the various destinations of
# installed files on the system.
#
# This file is the default version. Please look in .../defs/ for your
# preferred OS/vendor.

# Please note that the linker used must be the GNU ld, not the native Sun
# linker.  It is fairly common for the gnu linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) to be
# configured as the default linker for gcc.  To tell gcc to use the
# gnu linker, you need to set the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable
# to point at the directory where the gnu linker is installed.  Here's
# what I do:
# $ mkdir /tmp/foo
# $ ln -s /path/to/gnu/ld /tmp/foo/ld
# $ export GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=/tmp/foo/
# $ export PATH=/tmp/foo:$PATH

OS=solaris
ARCH=sun
CC=gcc
INSTALL=install
MKDIR=mkdir -p
CFLAGS=-O7 -pipe -g -D__EXTENSIONS__ -Dsolaris
ULIBS=
LD_D=gcc -shared -Xlinker -x
LD=ld
LD_L=$(LD) -G