Re: pam_session bug?

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> > 1.1. Modules MUST NOT expect that PAM functions of different kinds
> >      will be called from the same process. Application MAY
> >      fork() and call PAM functions of different kinds from different
> >      processes.
> >
> >      The kinds are:
> >         - pam_authenticate()
> >         - pam_acct_mgmt() and pam_chauthtok()
> >         - pam_open_session() and pam_close_session()
> >         - pam_setcred().
>
> This is fair.  The process that calls the function should be
> indistinguishable from the true originator, since 'pamh' is the common
> identifier and this is an opaque data type.

I still don't think it is. Since I can't say auth mumble and setcred
mumble separately, i still think pam_authenticate() and pam_setcred()
comprise a single kind. plus, someone's implemnetation (don't ask which, i
don't remember, i can test), if you say auth mumble and only provide one
of those functions, doesn't deal. the needed existance of both is not
terribly conducive to considering them independent.

-D