Re: pam_session bug?

Derrick J Brashear writes:
> On Sun, 17 May 1998, Andrew Morgan wrote:
>
> > > 1.1. Modules MUST NOT expect that PAM functions of different kinds
> > >      will be called from the same process. Application MAY
> > >      fork() and call PAM functions of different kinds from different
> > >      processes.
> > >
> > >      The kinds are:
> > >         - pam_authenticate()
> > >         - pam_acct_mgmt() and pam_chauthtok()
> > >         - pam_open_session() and pam_close_session()
> > >         - pam_setcred().

I am inclined to agree with Derrick.

The kinds are:

    - pam_authenticate() and pam_setcred()
    - pam_acct_mgmt() and pam_chauthtok()
    - pam_open_session() and pam_close_session()
    - pam_chauthtok()

These naturally, define the four authentication management groups
since they have separate configuration entries.  I think it is
reasonable to demand that when a function is in the same group, it
should expect to share data items with the other member of the group.
It also seems reasonable that the groups "MAY" share data items with
their other groups.

Cheers

Andrew