Re: NIS, shadow, and pam?

>  This is almost what we are doing at DHP now.  Kerb5 authentication via
>  pam, but we are passing password files around with SCP.  I still have
>  major fears with using anything called NIS, mostly with people injecting
>  NIS responses saying that say "user panzer is really uid 0"... :)

I'd really love to teach nisplus how to use gss-rpc including seal/unseal, but
until there's a free nis+ server for linux this discussion is meaningless to me
(though there is a freebsd server. i tried porting it once, and then got pulled
away to other things)

but of course this is getting away from pam

-D