Re: lradius ... problems on 0.59 (RH5)?

> how NAS-Port-Id is generated? I noticed that always grown but I cannot
> find any relation with anything that I can think of (i.e. PID)

  It should be the PID of the calling process.

> is RH pppd pammified?

  Yes.

> if so, would it also log info as (marked +)
> [ ... ]
> +       NAS-Port-Type = Async
> +       Acct-Output-Octets = 1399
> +       Acct-Input-Octets = 1624
> [ ... ]
> +       Service-Type = Framed-User
> +       Framed-Protocol = PPP
> +       Framed-IP-Address = IP.assigned.to.user
> +       Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

  That's a little more difficult.  PAM does not keep track of
input/output octets, or the other information you want.  The pppd code
would have to be modified to send RADIUS accounting packets, instead.

> I remember reading on this list info about another pam radius module
> that could(?) be used as pam_lradius. can any of you point me where
> is it?

  It's a complete PAM-radius solution that does the same job as
pam_lradius + pam_radius.  See:

ftp://ftp.cryptocard.net/pub/alan/pam_radius_auth.tar

  Alan DeKok.