Re: Question concerning PAM modules and root ...

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Stephen Langasek wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > Ack...just as a suggestion, but why not something like for ftpd, where you
> > can have an ftpusers file that lists those that *can't* be authenticated
> > "offline" can be listed?  something that says no matter what module you
> > use, these users *must* be authenticatd against the local password file?
>
> It sounds like you're asking for authentication controls to be built into
> libpam itself, to protect people from pulling boneheaded maneuvers when
> configuring their modules.

	I'm not fussy on *where* the control gets put...as a Systems
Administrator, I would personally rather see it at the "operating system
level" (ie. libpam) vs the module...then I know it is implemented in only
one place...but, that is *purely* IMHO...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org