Re: Question concerning PAM modules and root ...

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Joseph S D Yao wrote:

Hermit Hacker choked and sputtered:
> On Thu, 28 May 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > they will get... yes, they will get root access to that machine.
> Ack...just as a suggestion, but why not something like for ftpd, where you
> can have an ftpusers file that lists those that *can't* be authenticated
> "offline" can be listed?  something that says no matter what module you
> use, these users *must* be authenticatd against the local password file?

sounds like a pam configuration issue to me, although it may need a pam
module to implement (pam_access) which checks NIS netgroup, group, user,
machine name, subnet etc access.

such configureability is already available in samba, so the code exists.