Re: Question concerning PAM modules and root ...

yeah that would basically be about right ... I don't see this as a major
problem as I would trust the people in charge of my NT server.. I suppose
I could add something to the pam_smb.conf file in the next release a deny
users or something .. but having a large conf file will slow the thing
down to a very low rate ... what I may do is try and use some daemon code
to do the authentication ... this has been planned for a while now ..

Dave.

On Thu, 28 May 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Hi...
>
>       I was just looking at the pam_smb_auth module, and one thing
> bothers me...unless I'm reading the code wrong, *if* someone creates a
> user root, with a passwd, on the NT server, and logs into the machine
with
> root/<passwd on NT server>, they can get root access to the server?
>
>       Or am I missing something?

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Computer Engineering Postgrad      \