RE: PAM && libpwd

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> Grzegorz Stanislawski wrote:
> > use pwdb instead, so i'm now writting a "pwdb'ified";-) versions of
> > chfn,chsh,chage,login and su.
>
> Before doing this, please take a look here:
>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/pre/applications/
I did already. ;-)

I have managed to get the login, su, cd, pop, procmail working with Radius using a modified libpwdb in combination with PAM (through a modified pam_pwdb) and NSS through a slightly modified version of nss_pwdb that Nalin Dahyabhai directed me to:

http://www2.ncsu.edu/eos/project/linux/lug-devel/nss_pwdb-19980617.tar.gz

So far the only that doesn't work is wu-ftpd, but that appears its because its using an older version of PAM. I'm looking at either ProFTPD or BeroFTPD at the moment to resolve this issue. So far I haven't needed to modify any applications directly.

> Someone should synch up with Cristian on the pwdb front.  I was speaking
> with him yesterday and he has apparently got a working beta of libpwdb
> that makes use of nss_* modules and is also working on come client side
> caching daemon that apparently makes some things incredibly fast...

I tried. I wrote few postings to Cristian and it seems he ignored them.

I too would like very much to see what's happening on the latest front and contribute if possible.

Regards,

Richard.

<<application/ms-tnef>>