Re: PAM && libpwd

Thanks to all who commented on libpwd and PAM.  As usual, I always
learn a little more, get more pieces for the puzzle.

Partly I put the question too imprecisely, because it is not a
question of PAM vs. pwdb as Jim  Hebert pointed out, but a question
of pam_pwdb.so vs. other authentication modules.  The module
pam_pwdb.so also provides account, session, and password modules that
other modules that are specialized for authentication do not (such
as pam_nw_auth).

So it is possible that one might use a specialized module to
authenticate with nis, radius, ldap, smb, whatever...but still
use pam_pwdb for its session, account, password modules.  Right?

Perhaps pam_pwdb was an unfortunate name for this module because
it suggests too much that it is only for authentication.

Cheers,
  Seth