Re: Does pam_env.so work?

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> With what login?

rpm -qf /bin/login
util-linux-2.5-21

rpm -qi util-linux
Build Date: Wed Feb 05 22:18:22 1997

> While I have tried neither, unless your login has support
> for pam setting environment variables, it won't work. I know recent RedHat
> logins do. I believe the one in SimplePAMApps does as well.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll make some experiments.

Back from my experiments...I tried with the login from SimplePAMapps-0.58
...but no success.  That is, no environment variables were set and no output
from debug. (This is with pam-0.65)

But now I have another question....I guess I naively assumed that if
login was reading the /etc/pam.d/login configuration file, then the
modules would be able to do their work, independently of the coding
of the application itself.

Are there other examples like this?

Thanks,
  Seth