Re: Does pam_env.so work?

Derrick,

You have a fairly good working relationship with the Solaris PAM.  How
does this sort of thing play out with Solaris?  I'm curious whether they
implemented the credential stack to automatically reproduce the flow
followed by the (earlier) authentication stack, or whether it follows
the flow as determined by the return codes of the credential components
to these modules (as Linux-PAM does).

[Derrick and co. submitted some patches to force pam_unix and pam_pwdb
modules to do the sane thing here.  I'll have included these changes in
the next Linux-PAM release, but my tree is currently in transition (read
broken) with some event-driven stuff so unless I break the distribution
into a separate module dist, I think it will be a month before this code
sees the light of day..]

[Seth, in case you missed it, the important difference between the case
where pam_env comes before and after the pam_unix module, is the fact
that pam_unix is 'sufficient' as opposed to 'required'.]

Cheers

Andrew