Re: SimplePAMApps-0.59 release

Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich wrote:

> This weekend I made a new SimplePAMApps release.

> * Protection against std{in,out,err} abuse was implemented for setuid-root
>   programs (`su' and `passwd').

	I haven't checked your new release so this might have changed.

	I use NIS with pam_unix_* on my machines (redhat).  I seem to remember
that with non-pam distros the passwd program would detect that NIS was
being used tell the user to use yppasswd instead.  Was this
functionality left out on purpose or am I missing something?  My
programing skills are not up to changing a suid root program, so I don't
even want to try to change it :)

	Is anyone working on integrating pam into yppasswd?

TIA

--

Christopher McCrory
Lead Bithead, Netus Inc.

"Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware"
"Linux: Because Dilbert's mom uses it"