Re: PAM and Novell NDS

On Thu, 08 Apr 1999, Doug Kite wrote:

> Is anyone out there doing any authentication to a Novell NDS tree with pam?
> I know there is a module that will work with bindery mode servers, but how
> about NDS?

We're planning to do this (part-way through testing/implementing this) - but
instead of relying on NetWare's NDS proprietary protocols we're testing LDAPv3
between the authentication clients (PAM apps on Solaris 2.6) and server (LDAP
service on Novell NetWare 5.0).

This is using Luke Howard's LDAP PAM/NSS modules for Solaris/Linux (along with
Netscape's LDAP SDK).

The main headache I'm working through at the moment is trying to get both
Solaris and NetWare to agree on a shared password (that, and our NetWare
admins don't grok LDAP).  ;-)

Cheers..

dave