Re: locking/unlocking passwords

Once upon a time, Michael K. Johnson said:
>Dan Hollis writes:
>>A couple of us asked about this back in RH5.0 days and were told it would
>>be fixed in the next RH release. Its now almost RH6.0 and its still not
>>there.
>
>Oops.  Sometimes we forget things.  I've now entered this in our bugzilla
>bug tracking database to make it harder to forget.
>
>6.0 will have it, barring disaster.

I've got a patch to usermod (in the shadow utilities) to do this
available at my patch page at

http://ro.com/~cadams/files/rh51/

The actual patch is

http://ro.com/~cadams/files/rh51/shadow-980403-pwlock.patch

I think just about everything else on my page has been picked up (I
haven't had time to install Starbuck yet to check).
--
Chris Adams <cadams@ro.com> - System Administrator
Renaissance Internet Services - IBS Interactive, Inc.