Re: pop3 and sendmail?

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Jim Hebert wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> Since you want to avoid needing NSS, you then plan on patching /bin/ls and
> just about anything that needs to look up a username from a uid, and so
> forth, to use PAM as well, right?

Wrong.  I am going to be serving email accounts that have no Unix account on
the machine, as I've stated earlier.  Therefore, the only programs that have to
know about these users are my pop3 daemon and sendmail's delivery agent.
  I may go ahead and check out NSS, but I still think it would be easier to
have a delivery agent that could just use the PAM library to see if a user
exists.
  -M@

--
Matthew Hixson - CIO			"Noone's ever tried this before."
FroZenWave Communications		"That's why its going to work."