NSS and db support

Okay, I've been reading into NSS and it sounds pretty amazing.  I was wondering
if anyone had used the 'db' service specification in /etc/nsswitch.com.  What
db file does this cause NSS to look at for user information?
  My life would be greatly simplified if NSS can do what I think it can.  That
is, use a normal Berkeley DB file to gain user information.
  -M@

--
Matthew Hixson - CIO			"Noone's ever tried this before."
FroZenWave Communications		"That's why its going to work."