Re: NSS and db support

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Malcolm Beattie wrote:

> It's under-documented (to say the least) but it works. It looks for a
> btree format Berkeley db file in /var/db/passwd.db for passwd,

Thanks Malcom, that's exactly what I was looking for.  So NSS is system wide
then, eh?  You can't do like PAM and say pop3 uses a db file, but login uses
the flat /etc/passwd file, can you?
  -M@

--
Matthew Hixson - CIO			"Noone's ever tried this before."
FroZenWave Communications		"That's why its going to work."