how does Hotmail do it?

Hey, while I'm figuring out how to handle way too many email accounts, does
anyone know what sort of setup Hotmail is using?  I remember hearing that they
were using Sun boxes and then after MS bought them they tried running it on NT.
NT couldn't handle it so they went back to Sun.  Are they using PAM on those
machines, or do they just have a whole farm of machines big enough to handle
the accounts normally?
 Thanks,
   -M@

--
Matthew Hixson - CIO			"Noone's ever tried this before."
FroZenWave Communications		"That's why its going to work."