Re: apache with pam/samba

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, James Sinnamon wrote:

> (Firstly, thanks for the suggestion, Steve).  Using
> /lib/security/pam_permit.so does
> allow access to the page, but it does not seem to be a very elegant solution
> for the following reasons:

> 1.  The user is prompted twice for her/his password
> 2.  I get '[ermerg]' level messages in .../apache/logs/error_log, which
>     seems to indicate that httpd is not very happy about this sort of
>     authentication.

> Firstly, here is the file /etc/pam.d/httpd :

>    auth    required        /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so debug
>    account required        /lib/security/pam_allow.so

Did you mean to say pam_allow.so here, or are you in fact using pam_permit?
I believe specifying a non-existant module would return a different error than
the one returned by using pam_deny.so, and perhaps apache isn't treating this
as a fatal error?

It confuses me to see

> .../apache/logs/error_log :

>    httpd: [Fri Apr 30 14:44:01 1999] [error] access to /test failed for \
>       132.96.27.29, reason: User account has expired

If there is a proper accounting module set up in the pam config.
(Or did I misunderstand, and you're not getting this error anymore?)

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer