Re: alternate password file module?

At around Sun, 1 Aug 1999 16:51:06 +0200 (CEST),
 Marcus Harnisch <marcus@harnisch.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de> may have mentioned:

> As far as mail is concerned, you should have a look at VMailMgr, which
> provides virtual mail domains with the help of qmail (and without real
> user accounts).
>
> Although I didn't try the first, I'm a happy qmail user and there are
> not too many comlaints on the mailing list ;-)
>
> VMailMgr  http://em.ca/~bruceg/vmailmgr/
> Qmail	  http://www.qmail.org

although an indirect reference was made already in an earlier message,
another option is vchkpw:

  http://www.inter7.com/vchkpw/

this also works w/ qmail and an option of no real user accounts (can have
different passwd-like files for each domain).

these two are so similar, it makes me wish they were combined...