New module: pam_pwdfile.c

PAMmers

I have written a PAM module for the auth service that can be pointed at
any username:crypted_password file so that separate sets of passwords can
be had for different services on the same machine.  This has been
discussed on this list a short while back.  The code tarball be found at:
http://espresso.ee.sun.ac.za/~cpbotha/pam_pwdfile.html
And I would be glad if it could be included in the PAM distribution, if
that's an option.

At the moment our /etc/pam.d/imap is set up like this:
---
#%PAM-1.0
auth required /lib/security/pam_pwdfile.so pwdfile /etc/imap.passwd
account required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
---
meaning that /etc/imap.passwd contains a separate set of passwords for
imap.  Obviously this could be used for pop3 and what not.

The /etc/imap.passwd file is simply a file with lines consisting of:
username:crypted_password.

Best regards,
Charl

Charl Botha

E-Mail cpbotha@ieee.org

Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
Digital Signal Processing Group
Department of Electronic Engineering
University of Stellenbosch
South Africa