PAM unable to dlopen

Hello,

I'm trying to make Itoi's Kerberos 5 PAM module work on Redhat 6.0 with
Kerberos 5-1.0.6.  I've got it compiling and linking without errors, but
when PAM tries to use it for authentication the following appears in
/var/log/messages:

PAM unable to dlopen /lib/security/pam_krb5.so
PAM dlerror /lib/security/pam_krb5.so undefined symbol fstat
PAM adding faulty module /lib/security/pam_krb5.so
Failed login session from (null) for leow, Module is unknown

The "undefined symbol fstat" is what is throwing me.  The module source
has
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include (unistd.h>
as per the man page on fstat, and the module compiles and links OK.  So
what might PAM be trying to tell me?  Any ideas are welcome....

Sincerely,
Leo Wierzbowski

"Open source software gives the system administrator
 the flexibility to make software work as needed without
 vendor-imposed limitations.  May the source be with you."

"They wanted to make us slaves, but we did not agree..."
 (Galatians 2:4,5 in ICB).

"The University of Florida does not endorse
 or disendorse the content of this document.
 It is the author's private opinion."