cleartext password auth module

Hi all

Anyone know if a PAM auth module exists that can authenticate someone using a
file in the following format?
user1:pass:some:other:fields
user2:pass:some:other:fields

The file isn't /etc/passwd and the passwords are cleartext, not encrypted.

I've just started learning C so I would probably be able to do it, but it'll
take quite a while.

Thanks
Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee