Re: Missing prompt item in PAM

Andrew Morgan writes:
>Passwords are just one flavor of authentication token. Others are one
>time challenge/responses, cookies, ..
>
>From PAM's perspective a password is a special case of a PAM_AUTHTOK and
>as such is specific to the module you happen to be using. However, I can
>see a desire for adding a module argument that might support this
>flexibility.

Modules only have to honor it when it is appropriate to honor it.  I'm
not saying that they should use my suggested PAM_PASSWORD_PROMPT to ask
for a secureid challenge response -- just that it be a hint available
to the modules to ask the right question.

Right now, I have to hack the incoming message in my conversation function,
which sucks raw eggs through a long thin straw.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development     http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/