Re: Missing prompt item in PAM

Andrew Morgan writes:
>Do you mean a hook to say 'hey module, its ok to be explicit about who
>the authentication info is for'?

Yes.

>If you do, then isn't this really what module arguments are for?

Do you really want applications to be dynamically altering
/etc/pam.d/* files?  Seems hackish to me.  My application is
always in the safe domain, but that's not necessarily true
of all such applications.

>Why not let the admin decide with a suitable /etc/pam.d/'app' file?

If you want to do this with module arguments, we should at least
specify in the docs what the argument is called so that it is the
same across all applications.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development     http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/