Re: Open Xlock as root

Ethan said:
> the only other solution I can think of is to create either a new PAM
> module/helper program that will verify the calling user's password
> and the root password.  this module could be used only for programs
> that require it such as the *locks

I agree with the idea of making a pam solution, but I do not agree with
the idea that we should create a module simply for checking root's
password -- what if I want to allow the administrator's fingerprint to
unlock the screen instead?

Perhaps someone could create a module that would change the requested
username.  Something like this:

xlock auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_pwdb shadow
xlock auth required   /lib/security/pam_forceuser user=root
xlock auth required   /lib/security/pam_fingerprint

--
Scott Nelson