Re: Open Xlock as root

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Meinders <mt@mechb.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

Thomas> As a sysadmin of 20 Redhat5.1 machines I was always able to
Thomas> unlock a screen locked by a user with my root password. Since
Thomas> I upgraded all machines to Redhat6.1 and in addition using
Thomas> shadowed passwords this doesn't work any more.

One can always switch to another VC, login there and kill the xlock(1).
Given the trust issues and such described in the other posts on this
thread, that seems to me to be the best option, yes?

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.  <URL:http://jhcloos.com/public_key> 1024D/ED7DAEA6
<cloos@jhcloos.com>  E9E9 F828 61A4 6EA9 0F2B  63E7 997A 9F17 ED7D AEA6